HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Joys of KBBQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Asa
Admin

Roleplay Game
Onsen Trip!! : Okami
health:
9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)
Choice!: Yui

PostThe Joys of KBBQ

The best ones were the seafood salad looking one, and the broccoli of course, the lady even noticed me eating is so quickly that she brought me extra >.<. Can't hide my ravenous food habits.

Anyway, the potato is normally too sweet for my liking but they put these peppers on it, which made it SO good. Spicy. ya.

haha I couldn't tell if this was egg or tofu how bad is that. It was delicious. others decided it was egg ha.

Sorry theyre all like, flipped i'm really lazy and on a different computer. This stew is really good, though I'm not a really seafoody person.

BEEF! I know yuki - it's poisonous!

Kalbi is the best!!

I just eat mine with salad not rice so there's more room for more meat!!

And this is huge pizza which is made differently everyday. Today is was corn, which was SO sweet, I needed something else, but since I just sleep until 5 and wake up for dinner I can't complain what they bring me to eat.

But yeah, it's huge.

Anyway my newest drink I like is Pokka coffee in the small taller size.

AND I had the most delicious bread pudding, I've only eaten it once before yesterday, but it was so good. So good I ate it and didn't get a picture, hoho. :'(

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sosbrigade.forumotion.net
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Joys of KBBQ :: Comments

Re: The Joys of KBBQ
Post on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:13 am  Kanaka
I wish I had time for more foods. Or just to cook at home even... Sigh.

One day.

For now, Asa, take not of all the exquisitely good foods out there and write me a good list.
Also foods that are somewhat simple to make... perhaps a progressively harder list. Thanks Wink
joys of kbbq
Post on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 pm  Asa
I think its best to like work on a genre of food that you can perfect. I had this dream once to be able to make like a nice rack of lamb, like one dish to impress people. I was trying to make madelines for a while but the egg beating part was a little much for me.

I seriously don't cook at all for myself, I think I cook, like heating things up and putting them together, but I'm sort of a pre packaged food, someone else did the work but I'm eating it sort of girl.

The problem is if I cook I try to make healthier foods and it's easier to do heavier foods.

I think things like okonomiyaki and chicken katsu are sort of easy. You can watch cookingwithdog to see how to do sauces but for the chicken katsu, you basically get like a chicken breast and put it in a plastic bag pound it down with like a rolling pin or ... club if youre a cave man, meat pounder if somehow you've invested in one of those. Crack an egg, dip the chicken in that, roll it around in panko crumbs which are like a huge bag for little money, put it in some oil till it's brown and eat with tonkatsu sauce or ketchup.

Okonomiyaki is just easy cause its just like cabbage flour and eggs and you just fry it, all that other stuff makes it better but isn't necessary.

I used to steam salmon well but I don't know how to anymore.

That's like all I know how to make, seriously.

Progresso soups on sale those are good.

coffee is the best.

We need a person who can actually cook to give us tips ha.
Post on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:13 pm  Kanaka
Hey, that's 100x better than me, Asa Smile

I know how to heat up water to make ramen noodles.
I know how to put frozen pizza in the oven and TV dinner in the microwave.
Pre packaged foods is a recent addition to my menu, still working on that lol.

I agree, someone needs to invite someone to the guild that can cook. Kthx.
Post on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 pm  NagatoYuki
@Kanaka
Baked/mashed potatoes are relatively easy to make and there in most western dishes as side dish. I think that could be a good starting point

Asa wrote:
I think its best to like work on a genre of food that you can perfect. I had this dream once to be able to make like a nice rack of lamb, like one dish to impress people. I was trying to make madelines for a while but the egg beating part was a little much for me.
Are you beating it by hand o.o? Invest in an egg beater! =P And btw, I think Madeline belongs to a different genre of food than lamb racks. xD

Asa wrote:

you basically get like a chicken breast and put it in a plastic bag pound it down with like a rolling pin or ... club if youre a cave man, meat pounder if somehow you've invested in one of those.
Actually, if you're Chinese enough, you won't need anything. You'll automatically start using the back of a knife if you need to pound something. =P The typical Chinese chef has a severe lack of tools but still manages to make some magnificent dishes and make you go O_O how in the world did they make that?!

Asa wrote:

I used to steam salmon well but I don't know how to anymore.
Generic instructions for steaming stuff (fish, veggies, nikuman, etc.)
1.) Get a pan with lid
2.) Fill 1/3 of the pan with water
3) Put something in the pan to give it a raised platform that is above the water and make sure it's stable and leveled because you'll be putting your item(s) on it.
4.) Put your food into a plate then put the plate onto the platform
5.) Make sure the lid goes on still.
6.) Remove the plate and start the stove
7.) Wait for the water to boil then put the food in while not burning yourself.
8.) Wait for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your item.
9.) Take it out and enjoy.

OR you can get a steamer which takes care of 90% of the stuff. Throw everything into steamer, add water at the bottom, start the stove and wait. =]

Asa wrote:

coffee is the best.
With moderation, yes. Caffeine stimulates the brain and has the property of relaxing muscles but hinders calcium absorption.

Asa wrote:

We need a person who can actually cook to give us tips ha.

My mom likes to browse cooking blogs for inspirations for dishes, learn new cooking techniques, etc. =P Pretty sure those would have some good tips for you.

Anyway, KBBQ is awesome! Too bad stupid scientists proved BBQing stuff is carcinogenic. Heck, they say processed foods, food cooked with high temperatures, and rice are all bad for you and will kill you =[ Crazy scientists =[
Post   Sponsored content

The Joys of KBBQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Blogs :: Asa's Food Blog!-
Jump to: