Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asa
Admin
Asa

Roleplay Game
Onsen Trip!! : Okami
health:
Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Left_bar_bleue9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty_bar_bleue  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)
Choice!: Yui

Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty
PostSubject: Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 am

Random tips in no particular order, but saying you don't have the time is an excuse since these are tips for busy people & besides I KNOW you have the time, you just don't know it yet pirat .

You should try to set a bedtime and be getting ready for bed about an hour before then, getting ready for bed includes brushing your teeth, washing your face, showering if you do at night, and releasing yourself from electronics, as in computer games, xbox, cellphone games, television, even music.

If you can't manage this then take a ten minute nap sometime during the day, don't oversleep to compensate it doesn't feel good.
If you take a nap longer than 20 minutes you're actually interrupting your later sleep ability, so limit it.

If you have an addiction to things like youtube or playing Atlantica, and you want to cut back in order to go to sleep on time, just shut off the monitor or log off, or tell yourself I'm allowing myself to watch 5 youtube videos today, and don't try to find the 30minute ones that don't exist.

Besides sleeping habits there are other ways to increase your liveliness while awake, even if you can't instill proper sleep habits any of the following tips will increase your energy.

You should avoid sugary fatty foods in surplus, or even at all but it takes a while for your body to get used to eating healthy. Trust me Kana if you have time to drive to McDonalds you have time for these healthy recipes.

I don't really use measuring cups or anything but here are some healthy recipes.

You can buy a package of tofu, preferably medium hardness not too soft and not too firm, chop this into squares the size of sugar cubes or a little bit smaller, and put them in a pan with diced mushrooms and if you have some brocolli make it into little half pinky sized pieces like little lego trees. Just stir fry the ingredients together if it looks like the mushrooms aren't softening add water. You should be adding shoyu, water, and oyster sauce in small amounts to enhance the flavor. You can spoon this straight into your mouth or you can buy some lettuce pieces and rub some hoisin sauce on the lettuce and have a tasty lettuce wrap. You can store this in the fridge.

Another easy recipe that I have been eating a lot is tortilla soup, I have been skipping tortillas but the other day I didn't have oil after I cooked the chicken so instead I just cut them into strips and baked them which worked well, if I had oil I might have fried them then sprinkled cinnamon sugar on them but I didn't have oil or cinnamon.

To make this tortilla soup warm up chicken broth, i've been melting boullion cubes in a medium heat pot. On the side cut up some various veggies, I've been using tomatoes, onions <-- diced very small, cut it north to south!. anyway and red pepper, the big one that some people eat with veggie dips and cilantro. You just cut the chicken into little cubes and start to fry it with some worcherster sauce and some salt and pepper and any garlic flavoring you have, then you add the onions and cook until the onions are soft then add in the tomatoes and pepper and fry together. Add all of this to the soup which has been heating. Add paprika, thyme, or cumin if you have some to the soup until it has the flavor you desire. At the end add lots and lots of cilantro. You've spent the time to make this soup but did you know you can put it in a container and eat it for many more meals, so you're actually saving time.

Another recipe I recommend is to just buy some frozen chopped spinach and just microwave this and ring out the water then cook it with egg whites and spring mozzarella cheese on top, then just eat it, this is simple and delicious.

You should also try to make some miso soup which is incredibly easy and serves as a good snack.

Lastly for being healthy you should keep a routine for your skin, especially since its winter, its best to moisturize right after the shower when your skin is still wet.

Then exercise for at least 10 minutes everyday or break a sweat. You think you dont have time but if you're watching yourself auto craft, or sharing info, or watching a foot ball game, or if you're laying in bed and cant sleep, so some squats or sit ups or leg lifts.

Try at least one and I guarantee you'll feel better.

Stay away from too many candy bars and sugary drinks.
Back to top Go down
https://sosbrigade.forumotion.net
Horo

Horo

Roleplay Game
Onsen Trip!! : Horo
health:
Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Left_bar_bleue777/1Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty_bar_bleue  (777/1)
Choice!: Salary Woman with glasses & milky legs

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm losing sleep thanks to college. T_T
Back to top Go down
Asa
Admin
Asa

Roleplay Game
health:
Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Left_bar_bleue9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty_bar_bleue  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: shhhhh horo   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Kana needs to get healthier.
Back to top Go down
NagatoYuki

NagatoYuki

Roleplay Game
Onsen Trip!! : Yuki
health:
Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Left_bar_bleue9999/0Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/0)
Choice!: Calculative Mio

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 am

Thanks for the great tips and recipes Asa. ^^

I think Kana needs to watch Supersize Me! =P All the people I know who watched it completely stopped eating McDonalds almost instantly. Especially when they saw the part where the fries never broke down by bacteria / mold even if it has been sitting there for 12 weeks... >_<
Back to top Go down
Asa
Admin
Asa

Roleplay Game
health:

PostSubject: supersize me   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 pm

i watched that movie in health class, it made me extremely hungry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals   Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitness Tips for Healthy Individuals
Page 1 of 1